Monday, September 11, 2006

On Saturday, Jeff and I drove to Pacific Grove to see cheer on a college friend who was participating in a triathlon. It was my first time seeing how these races actually happen...and I have to say that it's crazy. The racers have to begin the race by swimming in the frigid cold ocean, which is insane to begin with. Then they hop on a bike for 30 miles and then they finish off by running around 6 miles. I don't know about you, but my muscles would be jello by the end of the swim (that's assumming that i would make it without drowning) and I'd probably wouldn't even make it past the biking part because I'd fall right off the thing. :P

On Sunday we rented "March of the Penguins". For those of you who haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. It is incredible to see what they go through to raise a thier babies and how they bond. All I have to say is that I am so glad that I'm not a penguin!!!