Monday, August 25, 2008

I participated in the "Jungle Run" half marathon a few months ago (haha sorry, i know I'm behind on posting). The race started bright and early at 7 am. I dozed off around 3:30 am the night before and slept through my alarm. I woke up at 6:40 and went directly into panic mode. I made a record speed of getting dressed and driving to downtown Los Gatos in 20 minutes *not bad, eh?*. I heard the gun go off as I weaved my way through the crowd to get to the start line. I'm not sure why they call this the "Jungle Run," as there aren't really any areas of the race that represent a jungle, aside from the people dressed up as Tarzan (there was a woman wearing a leopard print top and a grass skirt and carried palm frawns as she ran). The race went pretty smooth and was over before I knew it. We started from Los Gatos High School and ran down Winchester, looped around to Los Gatos Creek Trail and ended back at the school. With only 3 hours of sleep I had to give myself a pat on the back for finishing. I took this race at a relatively easy pace (avg 9 min/mi). My time was 1:56:42. I hope to improve by the time San Jose Half rolls around, but we'll see how motivated I get. :)