Friday, January 30, 2009

Watercolor is interesting. It forces me to be patient because I have to wait for each layer to dry before applying another (and because of this, I am truly thankful for blow dyers. :) ) It also forces me to plan my whole composition ahead of time ... something that I am not used to – I tend to be spontaneous – so at times it can be quite frustrating. But it's slowly growing on me...the more time I spend painting, the more I'm enjoying these paints. I'm still not completely happy with what I've created so far, but then again, when are artists ever happy with their end piece? Isn't that why we start a new painting? Anywhos, here's a glimps of what I've been learning so far...

Week 1: Landscapes

Week 2: Trees

Um.. that's it so far. :) We're learning how to paint flowers next week. Stay tuned...