Saturday, April 23, 2005

I went to my parent's house this morning to help my mom sort through photos for the funeral. It was interesting hearing my mom tell me stories that went along with each photo. There was a photo of me when I was about 1 years old and it looked like I had just balled my eyes out. My eyes were red and my cheeks were puffy with red blotches. What happened was my uncles placed me in a blanket, each holding an edge of the blanket and had me bouncing around in it .... and then they accidently dropped me. Hmm... not sure if I really needed to know that.

The day went on and my mom continued to recount her memories growing up. My grandparents were illiterate, didn't know an ounce of english, were completely uneducated, yet they were able to fly over from Taiwan to the states for the first time at the age of 83 just so they could see thier daughter. That's pretty freakin' awesome.